27 June 2007

Nara Kara Kaerimashita Part 2

I returned from Nara pt. 2

So while we were walking through the Nara Park there were lots of school children. Some of them in uniforms, some not. However, I didn't see any teachers around.

(I have a picture i just have to transfer it)

The kids without uniforms on were younger and as we came to find out from Gifu. The children would walk up to us and ask us questions, in english, and tell us about their city, in english. This happened 3 times by three different groups of kids wearing yellow hats.

(Group photo insert here)

They were nice and they gave us origami cranes and tourist pamphlets about gifu. I thought it was intersting that they were trying to get people to come to their city. Through all my students I have met I came to find out, gifu is actually famous for winter sports. So maybe I'll check it out then.

During our trek through Nara park we got lost. We wanted to go to these waterfalls but either due to lack of sugar or simply not paying attention we ended up walking back towards the train station by way of a neighborhood. The houses were quite nice. They all had adequate yards (not quite like mom and dad's but enough to let the kids and dogs run around.) and they all had walls surrounding them like little fortresses.

(sorry :( no picture)

The train ride back was nice...we both passed out after a 10min yawn fest. Yawns really are contagious! Must've been all the fresh air.

(insert pic of "drink drank" smoothie shop)

*note please forgive me on this post I just got off work.

2 comments:

PeteMcL said...

Very interesting! Well done blog. More please.

eplatz said...

Enjoyed reading your blog!

I am Jean Platz's niece. I will be in Osaka July 11 - 16. Email me if you have time to meet.

eplatz@jhsph.edu