06 August 2007

Fish market

So my Sundays are usually my totally free days. No work, No private lessons, I can do whatever I want. So Last Sunday I went to the Aquarium and saw a whale shark and rode one of the world's largest ferris wheels. This Sunday, however, is a little more typical.



After a 12hr rest (I have to catch up on sleep I miss during the week), I ate some delicious cantaloupe (250yen (about$2) for half of one!), toast, and tea. Then I headed out to go get some exercise. Umeda strikes again! I have to change trains in Umeda and I got seriously lost for some reason this time. after about 30-40min of walking around, buying the wrong ticket, and generally looking like a lost puppy I found my way to the Tanimachi train line. I showed up an hour late to class but no problem they just beat me up anyway. It was fun as usual. None of the guys in the class speak english very well (which is good for me because it makes me practice my Japanese). The guy who teaches me tries his best to speak english. He always says "I'm sorry for my middle school english" referring to a Japanese kids english level in middle school. If only kids in the US could speak another language that well in middle school....!

After class I headed out to meet up with Master And Super Awesome Sushi Head chef In training. We made plans to go with our friend to the local fish market at 5am. So we stayed up all night watching Gundam and talking about how great it would be if Japan actually had Gundams. At 5am we woke up our friend and headed to the fish market!


The fish market is not far from my house as I find out so I'll be sure to go again and take more pcitures of guys with swords! cutting huge fish in half! and of all the other crazy stuff there. It reminded me a lot of the eastern market in Detroit

So, today I think I will take it easy...maybe a little work out then a nap then off to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.