12 September 2007

Don't pee in other people's showers

Recently, I have just been in the groove of things; the ebb and flow of the city life here in Osaka. I found this nice tearoom near my house, I think, its owned by an American and his wife. They have good simple lunch food there. I'm trying to make it a habit to go there every week after my Japanese lesson because it's close by and gives me a chance to review all the stuff I just learned. The place is quiet and it seems most of the customers are taxi drivers.

Taxi drivers in Japan are a bit different than the grungy cabbies in the US. Mostly the difference lies in their external appearance as they dress with bowties and vests or suit jackets. To top it off they wear white gloves. Beyond that they just seem like regular Japanese dudes.

So I am planning on heading to Tokyo this coming weekend and meet up with an old friend from Ann Arbor. Also I am trying to plan an outing to Iga. There is supposedly a ninja village out there.

One last thing....what the heck is this?!?!?! If you find out and leave me a message I'll send you a prize. I see every time I go to my "other" job.

8 comments:

Christopher McLallen said...

The Peace Tower by Heaven's Gate

Glitch said...

haha! That's not far off. It is the headquarters for a cult, I mean, a new religion called "the Church of Perfect Liberty." Their motto is "Life is Art". Woah! man - thats deep.

PL Daihoncho (Headquarters)

The First Kyoso said, “The permanent headquarters has to be more than three million tsubo in area (over 2450 acres) and has to have both mountains and water.” The Habikino Hills fulfilled these prerequisites. Upon the invitation by people in the area, the Second Kyoso decided to move the headquarters and build it there. Through the Misasage (making effort for the sake of others) of the members, which began in 1953, the land was cleared, the hills were shaved off and the valleys filled. In November of 1961, the Headquarters was named Daihoncho.

Tell me what I win Beeeyosh!!!

Keo said...

Are you going to Iga to get a Hattori Hanzo sword? I just wanted to warn you, that I heard on the streets, he doesn't make them anymore.

PeteMcL said...

OK. Please help out those of us not "in the know": Why the odd title - "Don't pee in other people's showers"?

Hammy said...

The title of this post is my advice to anyone staying at someone else's house. It's just some travel etiquette I wanted to share.

Mosination said...

The Japanese taxi drivers have the most complicated rides I've seen... They have automatic rear doors, 3 to 4 radios, lace doyles on the RR seats, yep the white gloves are always there... they don't expect tips either :)

AD, I'm going to be out there at the end of October or early November, I'll let you know, we'll meet up!

Mosination said...

Oh yeah, here is my email address in case you don't have it... Moserj@gmail.com

Unknown said...

NOTE TO SELF: Convert to The Church of Perfect Liberty. Learn to manufacture Sarin gas.