07 June 2007

When did you stop remembering?


I didn't forget. Did you?

I have been without internet since last week. I also needed to take care of a bunch of things (register as an alien, find a bank, get to know the neighborhood, get lost in the neighborhood, get to know my room mates, go watch my room mates get drunk at the bars...etc. oh and work too)

So I may have mentioned this to some of you but it's true if you eat like a Japanese person food is cheap! However, My roommate Bob can't escape his cravings for brats and corona. Needless to say he spends alot of money on food.

We have gone out to a couple of decent places but so far nothing has stood out as amazing. I ate at a conveyour belt sushi place which was fun. The guys like to go to these places called 280yen, where everything including giant glasses a beer, are 280yen (about $2.50).

I have not done the Mcdonald's test yet. I think I will try subway before Micky D's. There is an interesting scene at the nearby Mcdonald's. There are all these kids that meet up and breakdance in this huge open area every night. I'll have to take a picture next time. They are actually really good!

So the picture is of my Dinner tonight. It's not much but 'm trying to save $ until I get paid. It's really good none the less. I put some fresh veggies in there as well. The can on the side is mango-orange juice from one of the many vending machines around here. There are only drink vending machines, in case you were wondering (and cigarette machines but I dont care about those).

I promise more pictures and more food next time.

1 comment:

PeteMcL said...

Hmmm . . . Doesn't look like the dinner you ate at Grandma's.