31 May 2007

Transporation and food and the first day

Two words: Beef Stew. That was one of the delicious meal served on the plane. I told myself I wasn't going to eat any food on the plane but I did. It was less than appetizing but somehow I ate it. Getting through customs and too my new apartment wasn't too bad.

My apartment isn't too bad but it'll do for now until I can find something else. The roomates are nice guys (Ed and Bob). Ed has been helping me settle in and showing me around. We went to the neighborhod grocery store and got breakfast. I bought some banana and some breakfast thing that had Inari sushi, rice with egg, and 2pc of futo maki (sushi basically). The bananas cost as much as the sushi did but still pretty cheap (only about $3 each!).

Alot of the restaurants around here are yakiniku (like Korean BBQ) or Okonomiyaki. Okonomiyaki is like a crepe or pancake with onions and other random ingredients. It's good and cheap. So I think I will be happy in terms of eating.

I went around today looking to pick up some minor items since my luggage wont be delivered until friday. Just the necessacities. There is some place called America Maru nearby that has a bunch of "american" shops. I think I am going to check that out later. It should be interesting. Also I guess Breakdancing is really popular and kids will break dance all night over near the mall area. So an interesting night is in store.

I still need to find a place to work-out. There is this little alley behind my apartment building which seems pretty good but I'm on the look out for a park or something of that nature.

Yabai!

No comments: